Just Start. 5 Ways to reshift your focus.
What lies behind this door?
How will you ever know if you don't open it?!
The best step is the first step....
Every time you set out to accomplish any goal, someone or something will get in your way. It's inevitable. But that doesn't mean you should perceive every situation like its going to fail. Why? Because then you might never ever start. Don't stare at the door wondering what's on the other side, because its probably something bigger than you can imagine! It can be intimidating to take that first step, because we have no idea where to START. If we break things down, that fear can quickly disappear when we see our to-do list isn't so long.
Our top tips for getting yourself on the other side of the door.
1. Break it down! Write down 15-25 things that you want to accomplish within ONE goal.
2. Circle the top 3 most important steps that you need to tackle FIRST! Choose the ones that you probably need to work on the most, they might be really small tasks and that is OK.
3. Create a new list with only those 3 priorities. Focus on those 3 things for as long as it takes for you to be successful. These are your 'Big 3'.
4. Go! Each day, complete one task that will bring you one step closer to one of your 'Big 3'. This can be as small as 'Make my bed every day' to create a sense of accomplishment. It can also mean 'getting 20 minutes of exercise to keep working on my health journey'
5. Each week, evaluate how you did. Did you work on your 'Big 3'? Or did you stray away from your list, trying to work ahead of the game...you cannot achieve #20 on your list if you don't complete #1 and #3 successfully.
If your issues with starting a task or a goal starts with your attitude or your mentality, make it a goal to work on that first! Check out our reading list for ways to improve and change your mindset.
With gratitude, Ari
If you liked this post, please subscribe to the blog to receive a notification when a new post is published!
This is not a sponsored post. All suggestions and ideas are mine. All pictures have been taken by contributers unless otherwise noted. Please inquire if you desire to use any content of this post. Link Back to this post or tag @arianatravelstead for Instagram and @arianatravelsteadblog on Facebook